Satellite
  • Day 3

    First 15 down

    September 8, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    I started a bit late today, because I had to arreglar some stuff in Santander. Plus it took me forever to pack my backpack. Echt erg en zo typisch 😁😁😁.

    So at around 12:45 I hopped on the train to Barreda and once there I started walking. I quickly met a girl that was also walking and we started walking together. Turns put she started walking in Scotland!!!! 5 months ago. She is French, young (23) and carried about 12,5 kilos on her back. OMG, that makes me sound like a woos when I complain about my 8,5 kilos. She is carrying a tent, and last night she slept in a cemetery 😳. I kid you not.
    We ended up walking together for about 2 hours, and when we arrived in Santillana del Mar, she went to look for an Albergue.

    We said our goodbyes and I moved on, because I wanted to walk a little further to this town I am in now. It is called Caborredondo and the albergue here is good.
    They give you sheets and pillow and you are not allowed to bring your sleeping bag or liner or even ur backpack to ur bed. This to avoid oa bed bug problems 😝😝😝 I think. I am not complaining !!!!

    I will be going for dinner at the only restaurant in this town and then to bed. Not before I take 2 advil ofcourse, cause I am already feeling the agujetas. And I already had to puncture one blister, hopefully it is dried by tomorrow.
    Read more