Спутник
Показать на карте
  • День 84

    Bruges, Belgium

    28 октября 2023 г., Бельгия ⋅ ⛅ 59 °F

    What we did:
    - Known as the “Venice of the North!” Bruges is a city that is a cleaner, nicer, prettier, with better gastronomy, more quaint and overall just a far more pleasant version than Venice. Yes that’s a run-on sentence with bad punctuation but it serves a point. It’s honestly offensive to Bruges to even put the two in the same sentence. This place rocks.
    - After being a bit delayed from our financial disputes, we got in around 2 and quickly checked into to our nice hotel. So refreshing to be back in hotels after our run of sub-par AirBnbs!
    - Having been on an eating bender the last few weeks we needed something green so grabbed some delicious Poke and headed out.
    - Bruges is the land of chocolate so we stopped into three chocolatiers along our wanderings, each time getting sucked in for more. Man it is good! Similar to our Swiss chocolate but delicious nonetheless.
    - We walked around the meandering streets that crisscross the canals where we were admiring the beautiful greeneries, picturesque willows and unique buildings/architecture. Place is cool! Was spitting rain and a bit windy so surely a fall day, but rewarded with a few rainbows. Steph went here when she studied abroad and it lived up again.
    - Sufficiently full of chocolate and feeling like we saw the sights, we found a brewery to try some of the famous Belgium beers. Hung there for a while and decided it was time for some dinner!
    - We dropped our haul of chocolate back at the hotel and went to a bumping hotspot for dinner. Need to live up the last few nights of our trip! Great beers, wine, steak and conversation made for an awesome night!
    - RIP Matthew Perry. Friends was a big deal for Steph and the first show we binged together (hooking Trent) so had to do him the honor of watching an episode when we got back. Laughed at the “The One with the Embryos” episode before calling it a night.
    - Bruges was awesome! On to Amsterdam early AM.

    Where we ate:
    - Lunch of poke at Hawaiin Poke on the main square. Very fresh ingredients!
    - Dinner at Da Republique. Split a delicious steak, pile of Papas Fritas with Mayo and some veggies. Belgium beers and merlots to accompany.
    - Chocolate spots were: Chocolatier Dumon, and ale Comptoire de Mathilde, and Chocolat de Julie

    Fun facts:
    - There are more than 80 bridges is Bruges.
    - There are hundreds of chocolate shops in Bruges, but not all of them actually sell chocolate that is FROM Bruges. Rest assured we did our research and only got the best!
    Читать далее