Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 198

    Atlantic coast in Patagonia

    February 6, 2020 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Driving backup along the Atlantic coast, the pampa surprises with more animals then fellow vehicles . Rheas (the really big birds that run up to 50km per hour), Guanacos (wild lamas) , wild horses and grey foxes are the ones often visible from the road. Then on side roads we also find the Maras, rabbits the size of german shepard dogs. Then the armadillos , looking like they just put the latest starwars outfit, today i walked right by one without noticing the curled up rock looking thing next to my feet. And up on the coast they all mingle with the magellanic penguins ,sealions and many birds .
    The penguins are just hardwarmingly cute, probably because they remind us of ourselves chatting and mingling in our colonies.
    Also a petrified forest from 150million years ago is very impressive ,the trees ,some 3meters in diameter ,100m tall and at the time 1000 years old are lying at the same spot where they came down during the time the dinosaurs roamed.
    Otherwise the days are getting shorter ,with our northward travel the sun goes down at 8 instead of 9 pm and for the first time we are seeing temperatures in the 70's again.
    Read more