Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Anglers Reach and Caravan Park

    September 19, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    We headed to Anglers Reach - a small little town on Lake Eucumbene. We headed here to try our luck at Trout fishing. The drive there was absolutely beautiful. We took the snowy mountain highway. We past through Dalgety and Berridale. The drive through Australian country side, mostly cattle farm, with not a soul to be seen - one car would drive past every half hour, but other wise quite and miles and miles of farm land stretching out as far as we could see.

    We stayed at Anglers Reach Caravan Park, a lovely older lady was running the place. She had been very quiet since the bush fires and COVID. And she told us we were a couple of weeks too early for the trout!

    We arrived late, so we set up camp and googled how to cook octopus! ( also a catch from Green Cape) . Although we were told by multiple people to bash it on a rock to tenderise - we decided the easier option was to boil it for an hour. We then made a octopus vindaye! Lara liked it, Robin did not (too chewy) :)

    The next morning we went fishing again. We lost 2 brand new lures and caught nothing.

    Anglers Reach was a beautiful little town. If you love fishing - we highly recommend
    Read more