Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Nundle

    September 30, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 15 °C

    Recommended from Robin's friend Rowan, who is from the area, to go to the little town of Nundle. Unfortunately, once again the weather was not on our side, so we decided to spend the afternoon at the pub Rowan suggested: The Peel Inn. Which is a lovely small establishement with a beautiful beer garden with overhanging vines.

    After one or 2 well deserved pints, we asked the barmaid where some free camping spots were, she recommended Sheba Dam campground. She also mentioned they had just filled the damn with new trout, so we knew that was our next stop. We got there at dark, robin cooked a lovely Mac and cheese dish which a fellow traveller had donated, and went straight to be ready to catch a trout in the morning.

    We awoke early with a heavy fog setting across the region. could not see 20 meters in front of us. With consistent showers we could only manage to brave the rain for 2 hours.. again having empty buckets with not even a bite!! As we walked back to our camp heavy headed we got talking to a nice group of fossickers (hobby of finding precious stones by sifting through soil near river banks or a water source. They loved showing off their precious stone stash.

    We said our goodbyes and tried heading toward the hanging rock lookout where they had collected some crystals and saffires but the fog was so heavy that we gave up and headed towards our next destination: the coast!
    Read more