Satellite
  • Day 93

    Gold Diggers

    December 10, 2020 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Met up our friends, ex COVID house mates and now travel buddies to dig for gold and spend several ours engaged in bush crafts. Jess, Vico and Kitta had settled in a lovely free camping spot by the river near Sofala.
    Vico taught us how to pan for gold, and gifted us his very own gold pan, that he had found many golden speckles with. Hopefully we have the same luck and find our fortune in gold one day.
    We also engaged in bush craft, making Christmas presents, bows and other nicknacks with the materials lying around the camp site!

    We then packed up and moved towards Hillend, another small historic town famous for gold, this camp site was not flash, with dirty water (dead🧭 fish and horse poo everywhere) so spent some quality time together cooking, drinking and playing games. However the fun is always in the journey. On our way there robin decided to put his 4WD hat on, and went head on into a big deep pile of mud. Getting the car completely bogged with all four wheels under mud. After 2 hours of digging, Jess came to the rescue by spotting some fellow travellers, and bellowed out for them to come help PLEASE!! With a winch and a sigh of relief, the beautiful strangers saved the day!!

    Next stop in our journey was place called Wyangala Water. A lovely spot near a lake, we continued with our bushcraft and fun times over beers - however the wind got the best of us in the end and we snuggled up warm in the Delica, while Jess and vico fought the elements in the tent!

    Was a fantastic few days, can’t wait to meet up again in TAS for some more adventures in the bush :)
    Read more