Satellite
  • Day 110

    Day of hitchhikers and south west point

    September 9, 2019 in Portugal ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    Today was the day of hitchhikers.
    First I was giving a lift to a father with his daughter.
    150km from somewhere in the middle of nowhere to Sagres. Pablo and Carolina. The best thing: somewhere in between, Pablo asked me if I would like to have a coffee and a sweet, a specialty here. I could not resist.
    I drove him to his house somewhere on the road, where he dropped his clothes because he had to continue to another place.
    Then I went to Sagres and the most southern western point of Europe. This is special to me because I went here with one of my best friends when I was 17 by hitchhiking all the way down from Germany.
    I had to drink a Sagres beer as this was cult and a running gag for us.
    On my way to Lagos I picked up a girl, who seemed to have a long way walking in the sun.
    It turned out that we were both interested in art, paintings and creativity.
    I spend the day at one of the beautiful beaches at Lagos. In town there were 3 hitchhikers from Austria and France. I had no real plan so I drove them where they wanted to go. Just 5km. I know, that by foot it takes an hour and by car just some minutes. So I drove them to the lighthouse. That was a good idea, because I was rewarded with a nice sunset and a special scenery in the very special cliff area.
    Read more