Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 39

    Day 37 - Travel to BA

    February 3, 2019 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 75 °F

    The rain last night cooled us down by 20 degrees, high forecast today only 79. It was still grey in the morning and the mist from Devil's Throat added to the grey. We hung around the hotel until leaving for the airport and boarded our mid-afternoon flight back to BA.

    The Hotel Gran Melia, where we stayed, is great! I commented that it's a five star hotel in a five star location (at a five star price). Being in the Park meant we didn't have to spring for a taxi or wait for a bus from the town.

    The Argentine government is in the midst of a program to upgrade many airports across the country. We saw this in BA and Iguazu. Our taxi driver was quite proud that the improvements to the Iguazu airport would be finished by the end of this year. Currently there are 18 flights a day coming in; when the modernization is complete, there will be 30 per day. The construction means temporary jobs and the increased number of flights means more permanent jobs.

    We made it to BA and claimed our hotel (same one we stayed at on the way to Iguazu) then ate at the same restaurant as before, where they welcomed us as old friends. We'll be back again on Friday. Now watching the start of the Superbowl.
    Read more