Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 10

    Day 10 (and 11) - End One, Begin Another

    11 Februari 2023, Amerika Serikat ⋅ ⛅ 36 °F

    Up early and Gail; and I drove back to San Juan via the southern route (through Ponce). Although the GPS said three hours, it took us only about two and a half hours on good, four-lane roads (the PR-s and PR-52). The drive took us through much more prosperous agricultural areas with field corps and fruit orchards. The other six of our group were about an hour behind us and stopped in Ponce to look around.

    After turning in the car, we were early for our flight. The flights home were good with rainstorms around Atlanta making for moderate turbulence coming into and climbing out of the airport there. While waiting for our connecting flight in ATL, we started on our next adventure as Seb called to say Becca went into hospital with contractions. We got back to the house about midnight.

    Sunday we were wondering about news from Seb and Becca. Seb said the docs tried to stop Becca’s contractions but couldn’t. He brought Leya and Laz over to our place while he joined Becca at hospital. Baby Brong was born (a month early) at 15:05 (Feb 12), weighing 6 pounds, 11 ounces! Becca and baby are doing great; baby is healthy but needs a bit of help breathing right now. Voting for names is open to immediate family and we hope to have a name later Monday. We watched the two kids overnight while Jack was at Becca’s friend’s house.

    It seems we completed one adventure just in time to start the next one.

    Pic is Baby Brong in Hospital.
    Baca selengkapnya