Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 12

    Day 11 - Maine to New Hampshire

    4 Oktober 2023, Amerika Syarikat ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    Up slowly with a short day ahead. After breakfast at the hotel and a recommendation from the reception, we headed to the Bangor Forest and Bog Walk. This recreation area a bit north of the city is a large, wooded area next to land owned by the University pf Maine. It has several miles of walking path, both improved (gravel surface) and unimproved. The Bog Walk lead off it into the University land. The Bog Walk is a raised boardwalk through the forest onto the Orono Bog. The bog is a research and education site for the U. The boardwalk has railings and benches and seven interpretive plaques which tell about the plants, birds and other animals that populate it. A great walk to start the morning. Marie and Bruce did that walk and a bit more in the forest then joined Gail at the car.

    We headed west along Maine 2 making our leisurely way through Skowhegan and Farmington to Rumford. The leaves along the way were less colorful than on the peninsula but changing fast. Stopped at a grocery store to pick up lunch and ate it in the Rumford city park. Here a dam backs up the river to form a small pool where the city has set out silhouettes depicting a fist peoples encampment. Up at the visitor’s center a large statue of Paul Bunyan and is ox looks out on the road.

    We continued west into New Hampshire and turned south to North Concord. While driving, we made reservations for the cog railroad up Mount Washington. Pulled into the hotel and unpacked for our three-night stay. Had an uninspiring dinner at a nearby Ground Round and called it a day.
    Baca lagi