Satellite
  • Day 5

    A Walk in the Neighborhood

    May 6, 2018 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 70 °F

    A walk in the neighborhood and on the beach was very relaxing. This is the perfect time to visit the Costa del Sol, as there are no crowds and it’s warm but not hot. A few people are lying on the beach. There is a large campground nearby and many people are there for the weekend, but it looks like their setups are long-term. The neighborhoods have a lot of rehabbing and new construction which Dean enjoys, and has a running commentary of opinions, of course.

    We are having fun trying to figure out the labels in the supermarkets. Sometimes we actually find what we are looking for, but we have made some mistakes. When buying fruits and vegetables, we found out that we need to weigh them ourselves and put a sticker on them. A lot of the tourists are English or Dutch, and are helpful.

    We wanted to try tapas so we went to a recommended bar, after driving the wrong direction again! The tapas are a quarter-sized portion of foods, usually served around happy hour—we had Spanish ham and cheese, seafood salad, a sausage cooked in wine, and chicken roll stuffed with spinach, sherry, and raisin filling, wrapped in ham. Dried ham is very popular in Spain.

    WiFi access is disappointing. It is not available in our room; we have to go to the restaurant next to the office.
    Read more