Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Tel Megiddo

    May 9, 2019 in Israel ⋅ ⛅ 68 °F

    Tel Megiddo is the site of the ancient city of Megiddo whose remains form a tell (archaeological mound). It is in the inheritance of Manasseh. Excavations have unearthed 26 layers of civilizations with each flattened, filled in and then built on the previous layer. Armageddon in Hebrew is: Har = Mountain, mageddon = Megiddo or Mountain of Megiddo. This is where the armies of the world will gather together (along with the beast and false prophet) just before Christ's return. Some believe the actual battle will take place in Jerusalem.
    Revelation 16:12-16
    "The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river, the Euphrates; and its water was dried up so that the way would be prepared for the kings from the east. And I saw coming out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet, three unclean spirits like frogs; for they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them together for the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. “Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame.” And they gathered them together to the place which in Hebrew is called Har-Magedon."
    Read more