Satellite
  • Day 6

    Thursday at Katherine Abbey Hanna Park

    April 12, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Site 258 at Katherine Abbey Hanna Park near Jacksonville, Florida. It's a beautiful day weatherwise, sunny, dry, about 72 degrees. Had a leisurely breakfast, rode our bikes to the office to register for the next 2 days, then went shopping at the PGA Tour Superstore. Nice store! Bought golf shoes and some hats, but might return the golf shoes. Tony bought nothing, but will order some shoes and pick them up at the store in Myrtle Beach. Now we are at the campsite, just finishing up a late lunch and enjoying this beautiful weather.

    I'm a bit behind with this blog. I'll recap the last few days.

    Sunday, April 8, we left Carlisle, Pennsylvania, took the 85 south to the 66 east to the 17 south to the 95 south. Roads were in good shape and traffic was light. We ended up in Wade, North Carolina. We stayed at Fayetteville RV Resort and Cottages. $45.00 per night. Site27. We really liked this campground. Nice clean washrooms, flat sites, manicured lawns, shrubs, flowers, pool, playground, etc.

    Monday, April 9. We drove along the 95 from Wade, North Carolina to Brunswick, Georgia. It rained off and on all day. We stayed overnight at the Coastal RV Georgia Resort, Site 113 which backed out onto a small lake. $47.50 per night. We liked this campground too. Clean washrooms, flat sites, well run. Each site has facilities to clean the camper, but it was raining, so that didn't happen!

    Tuesday, April 10. We arrived in Florida around 11:00 in the middle of a thunderstorm! Heavy rain, lightning and thunder! Had a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel, shopped at Bealls, and then came to Katherine Abbey Campground. $30.50 per night. We have no reservations as we are 2 days early, but the campground is quiet and we take site 285. It is surrounded by lush green foliage which is dripping wet! Nevertheless, we set up camp, and Tony cooks dinner outside, some ham and scalloped potatoes and veggies we had frozen and brought with us. We went for a walk around the campground and the lake. . .rain had let up but still very damp,and wet!

    Wednesday, April 11. A sunny day! Finally! Still cool, but that's okay! We drove to St. Augustine to a restaurant called Aunt Kate's on the Intercostal Waterway to have a 1:00 lunch with Keith and Luce. They are leaving for home tomorrow, so we were lucky to,have seen them. They have been here since late January. We had a nice lunch and caught up on all the news. We parted ways around 3:00 as they still had some packing to finish up. We returned to the campground, went for a bike ride, a walk on the beach, and another bike ride! So pretty around the lake. I spent the last few hours of the day reading the new Tiger Woods book by Jeff Benedict and Armenian Keteylan. When I visit different places I like to read books about those places, or by authors from those places. Tiger lives in Florida, so that counts, right? What a life he has had! I am hooked on this book!
    Read more