Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 24

    Campbeltown

    26. April 2023 in Schottland ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    Campletown was to be the place where Paul got off, and caught the 4 hour bus back to Glasgow and the family. We started reasonably early from Rathlin and managed a 7 knot beam reach across to the Mull in perfectly clear conditions. We had a practice with different boat set ups and balances and had the helm light enough to steer with 1 finger. Buy the time the tides had pushed us round the mull towards Sanda Island the wind was on the Wayne. Time for “the Donk” to push us round the corner.
    Paul booked his bus for first thing in the morning, so there was one last chance for a pint and a meal. Cant remember the name of the first pub we went in but it was tiny. Strangely busy in the afternoon although quiet. Paul said to the bar man quiet in here like a funeral. He hadn’t noticed all the black ties and dark suits. “Yes it is” said the bar man one of the regulars”. OOps best move on after this pint .
    Was great to have Paul for 10 days great company and easy going sailor not a cross word, and his spaghetti carbonara not to bad either. Look forward to sailing with him again.
    Weiterlesen