Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Gulen

    June 12, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Guess what, we stumbled on Nial and Katherine. By accident in a little lunch time anchorage, on the way to Gulen. We dingied them over to the boat for lunch and to hear where they had been. I think they think we are storking them. Adrian had now been dropped off in Bergen, so it was now just Katherine and Nial. We agreed to meet in Gulen. Which was an un official race challenge. About 15 miles though the channels. Luckily for us Katherine didn’t know which way she was facing so we got the jump on her. In what was probably the slowest race ever,with only the Genoa up our sail trimming team never lost concentration. Lucky Nial didn’t put up the kite.
    Gulen, home of the Viking parliament. And other historical stuff. The showers on the pontoon were defiantly Viking era. We had a short evening walk. And we were invited to tea with the Canogs we took back the bottle of wine they had brought us in stromness and took some more too. 7 for tea in a 40 foot boat was going to be cosy, and fun. Katherine let her hair down and told a few good yarns. Going to be sore heads in the morning.
    IN the morning a walking tour to Viking Parliament place was planned.
    Read more