Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Soreide

    June 14, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Not an early start. But untied from our 3 point anchorage. Stowed the ropes and headed down the giant fjord just to see how big it is and wether we fancied going to the end. After a full day of sunny, motoring, motor sailing, beating. Drifting. What appeared to be no progress had been made on this giant piece of nature. Completely at random we went to the nearest inlet. Again with no research and looked for somewhere to anchor. As it happened there was a single dock in the middle of the settlement with tyres etc. It looked perfect and Nick glided the boat boat in. Ready for everyone to take a well earns walk. In normal fashion, Rob and Claire set a punishing pace in the afternoon heat. Actually it might have been evening or even night. Its getting difficult to tell. A moderate view was had but with too m any trees. Back down the hilll for a swim to cool off.
    Well Claire and spoons anyway.
    This was a very pretty bay and so quiet. After a couple of cold beers took a stroll to the head of the bay. To our surprise there was a tidal inlet leading to another picture postcard fjord. All with jumping fish. All to good to be true. Norway seems to have world class beautiful spots hidden round every corner.
    Read more