Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    I took a right turn.........

    April 21, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    I took a right turn. The campground that I was aiming for was closes, and the next one was about 1,5 hours driving, in the middle of the Missisippi bajou. Not knowing where to go, i drove back to the main road, despiritely looking for a place to boondock ( stopping in the middle of nowhere without power or anything), After driving for about 20 minutes, i saw 3 or more campers parked on the right side, and within a split second, i would take a turn to the right, which would change my evening completely.
    I drove up on a big field with docked fishing boats, being welcomed by a 60 year old woman, who told me i could stay here for the night.
    After making friends with her schitzu dog, more people arrived. They brought 40 pounds of crawfish and were going to make an original creon soup with it and had plenty of beer to share!. This meant taking a big pot, fill it with water., mushrooms, potatoes, unions, herbs, and ofcourse the still alive crawfish. When iit was ready they told me to take off the head, and suck the juice out of the head..... I did, and it tasted amazing! Ofcourse the meat was extremely tastefull.

    So be it, because of that right turn I made, I ended up having a amazing diner locally prepared cooked potatoes and crawfish ( huge schrimp kind of animals), with a big bonfire, beer, clear sky, and good company!
    These people were absolute local people, which aparently means they use the N-word a lot, and shows that racism is still a big thing here in the state of missisippi, but lets put that aside for a second, and not lose the moment....
    After everybody went to bed, because they are going fishing tomorrow, i wet down the fireplace, which also took away the only light source in the vicinity, and watched the stars for a while.... Its just amazing how a decision of 1 second to make that turn made this into an amazing evening.....

    Now i am going to bed at around 02:00 in the morning and will see what the next day will bring!
    Read more