Satellite
  • Day 39

    Ladies and gentlemen... Mr Neil Diamond

    February 16, 2013, English Channel ⋅ ☀️ 9 °C

    Well last night's entertainment was very good, well most of it.
    They act in the theatre was a Neil Diamond tribute by the name of Gary Ryan, he had apparently won Starts in their eyes a few years ago.
    He was very good and at times sounded more like Neil Diamond than Neil himself.
    After the show Sheila and I decided to have one more drink then turn in.
    So we went to the cabaret lounge but the group was very mediocre, so we proceeded to the Lords Tavener pub, and the act in there was superb, they were called the Intermission Duo, he played keyboards and guitar and did a bit of singing, but his wife was the main singer and she was fantastic, she was a very bluesy type singer with a bit of rock and jazz thrown in.
    They didn't just do covers they did their own arrangements of them, and the good news for us is that they're on for the full cruise.
    Today is Wednesday it's 6.45am sand the weather is cold, a few more days and I'll be pissing you off with reports of 80 degree sunshine lol.
    8.30am and we've just finished breakfast with Jennifer and John, Jen's gone to the gym and John has gone for a walk around the deck.
    Sheila and I have come to Anderson's bar for a quiet read and a knit, the knit is for Sheila obviously.
    Anderson's bar of an evening is so quiet and miserable, that I'm sure you have to be certified dead to get in lol.
    Anyway back to my book........
    Read more