Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 40

    Jimmy James

    February 17, 2013, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Yesterday was another mostly uneventful sea day, we did a couple of quizzes that was the progressive quiz, in which we don't know our position yet, as James, the quiz master insists on building the anticipation, by only giving the positions every five days.... God the tension is almost unbearable :-P
    The other was the daily music quiz in which we came second to our great rivals, we are now even with two wins each....not sure if I'll be able to manage this continual pressure for the next four weeks....lmao.
    One thing I must say is that the entertainment staff on the ship are a 100% improvement on the staff from the last time we traveled on this ship.
    It was formal night last night so for a change Sheila and I went to the restaurant for dinner, which was nice but we do still prefer going to the conservatory buffet and eating there.
    The headline act last night was the one and only Jimmy James, but without his Vagabonds, who he split from years back.
    The guy is now 73 years old and still going strong.
    We have seen him numerous times over the years and he never ever disappoints, his 50 minute spot seemed to last for 5 and even after his obligatory encore he left everyone wanting more, fantastic entertainment well worth seeing.
    After one last drink we turned in at about 12.15pm, only to be back down at the reception desk at 12.25 reporting an accident!!
    Sheila opened the wardrobe to put her dress in when a large bottle of water rolled from off the top shelf and hit her right on the corner of her eye, it was a full bottle and quite heavy, it gave her quite a shock and actually drew blood.
    Who the water belonged to or why it was up on the top shelf of the wardrobe we don't know?
    I can only guess that the previous occupant of the cabin had put it there and forgotten it, and when the ship was pitching and rolling it has become dislodged and when Sheila has opened the wardrobe door it's fallen out and hit her.
    She's ok now but it did shake her up a bit....
    Read more