Satellite
  • Day 3

    Osaka Castle

    November 16, 2019 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    We were pleased that the "koyo" (autumn leaves) were approaching their peak around Osaka Castle. The moat was lined with russet and orange coloured trees. As we walked towards the castle we noticed this little vehicle that played a distinctive tune that, once heard, was difficult to get out of your head. This vehicle carried people, interested to be off their feet, to and from the Castle grounds.

    We took plenty of photos of the Osaka Castle. When we were satisfied with our 'groupfie,' my sister and I entered the Osaka History Museum and learned about Hideyoshi Toyotomi. He was the founder of the Osaka Castle, and he almost united the nation at some stage. Dad declined to join us as he had previously seen it on a business trip 20 years ago and Mom opted to stay with him.

    We saw some interesting miniature dioramas that featured slices of Hideyoshi Toyotomi's life. To my amazement, the dioramas featured moving holograms of people within them which made the scenes lifelike. There was a spectacular vantage point at the top of the castle with sweeping panoramic views of Osaka - a cornucopia of autumn hues.

    We reconvened with Mom and Dad and strolled for a few more pictures, including some romantic couple shots to fan the flames of their passion, for each other and for life.
    Read more