Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Day 15🇩🇪

    August 4, 2022 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    Early morning in Bremen!
    We woke up at 5:45, and had to catch the 6:40 train to Dortmund! We bought breakfast and waited for the train. We arrived in Dortmund two hours later, where Sotiris was waiting for us!
    It was super nice to see him again, especially in the city he’s been for almost a year now. We took the tram to his house so we could leave our rucksacks and then we rushed to the Signal Iduna Park, the home stadium of Borrusia Dortmund, the largest in Germany and fifth largest in Europe. Sotiris had booked us tickets a couple of days back when we’d said we’d be visiting.
    It was indeed a very nice experience, especially for Lampros since he’s so into football teams and thrilled to visit. The first walk into the stadium was breathtaking. The amount of seats it had are hard to see since they’re so far up and over 81.000!
    We walked along and then into the locker rooms of the current players. Each player has his seat and name/photo over it. Then we walked back onto the field, where we got to sit on the benches where the players wait during the match. After that, the tour had finished and we walked around the gift shop. Next stop was Dortmund city centre. It was a very hot day, so we sat and enjoyed the shade at Sotiris favourite cafe, and chatted to catch up on our news. We then walked around a few shops and went into a classic traditional pub to have lunch. The food there was D e l i c i o u s😍. We really really enjoyed our lunch and then headed for the “Dortmunder U” building - it used to be a beer factory but now it’s turned into an exhibition centre. We walked to the top and saw the view of the city, then around a few exhibitions, and eventually decided to go back to Sotiri’s place - but before getting there we made a quick stop at an artificial lake that’s been made out of an old mine site. It’s called Phoenix - See.
    When getting to Sotiris house, we all had showers, sat around and played some games and then eventually fell asleep. It was so nice of him to have us over and it felt like just like the days when we were in university. Super excited to visit again (with Xrysa this time).❤️
    Read more