Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Delightful Dubrovnik 🕍

    September 20, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    The 'Pearl of the Adriatic', situated on the Dalmatian coast, became an important Mediterranean sea power from the 13th century onwards. Although severely damaged by an earthquake in 1667, Dubrovnik managed to preserve its beautiful Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque churches, monasteries, palaces and fountains.

    I was not expecting to be completely blown away by Dubrovnik… But, how wrong was I? What an absolutely breathtaking, majestic, and magical city it is! Walking/strolling around the city, walls was breathtaking and awe inspiring at every step and every corner. We got to Dubrovnik very early so it was a beautiful, quiet experience.

    It honestly felt like I was walking through a Hans Christian Andersen traditional fairytale. The terracotta on all the rooftops was amazing and spectacular… All the domes and church ⛪️ Bells chiming was magical. It reminds me a little bit of Salzburg in Austria… Very Sound of music-ish! I can almost hear the ghosts of the Von Trapp family skipping down the main thoroughfare…

    Another extremely hot 🥵 day, but we were lucky that the tourist swell has subsided. This has been a fantastic time of the year to come to Europe. We were able to stroll around the Dubrovnik city walls without any pushing or shoving. The people seem so kind and friendly as well. Every single proprietor is kind and instantly speaks English to help you understand. We bought a beautiful print of authentic artwork 🖼️ painted by Croatian artists.

    We had THE BEST Borek (cheese & spinach) ever! The ‘Borek Boy’ was breathtakingly as delicious 🤤 We washed it down appropriately magnificently with traditional local beer 🍺 (…walking the streets drinking… no fun police 👮‍♀️ here!). Also had a glass of the most sublime local wine 🍷

    German did the Game of Thrones tour because this is the city where it was filmed. I never really understood what was going on in it so I decided the best activity for me was to go directly to the Buza (rock beach) which is directly underneath the town wall, Castle 🏰 turret! I mean, how absolutely amazing is that? 🏊‍♂️ I even saw a pirate 🏴‍☠️ ship sailing past!

    There are two gates in the city wall that lead out to the most amazing and refreshing swimming areas… I almost jumped off the cliff but was a bit chickenshit 🐔 when I got up there LOL another absolutely fuck off fabulous town. This European adventure is the gift that just keeps on giving…!

    PS: the Croatian men are SMOKIN’ HOT 🔥…ALL of them! 😋😉🤤👅

    🇭🇷❤️🤍💙
    Read more