Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Day 8 Esperance

    April 21, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Today I woke up to the sound of my sister saying "Kaden, wake up it's Easter", and so after searching the whole caravan we eventually found our Easter goodies... in the truck... sneaky Easter Bunny!
    After indulging in chocolate we drove down to the local market to look around. There were chickens, ducks and lots of different food stalls. We even found a shop called "Mermaid Leather" which made a special leather out of fish scales which was interesting.
    After saying goodbye to the chickens and ducks we went to the information centre where we found a brochure about a bird and animal farm so we decided to check it out.
    When we arrived there were some big friendly Scottish Highland cows in the front of the reception/cafe. We paid for a family pass into the farm and bought a bag of animal food each to feed the animals. Inside were goats, lots of birds, emus, alpacas, sheep, cows, rabbits and more. The emus were my favourite.
    Next we went back to the show grounds where I sort of ran some laps of the footy oval. Then we went to a museum about the town's history, war stuff, old cars and machines and the Skylab.
    After the museum we went back to the show grounds so Dad and I could grab our bikes and go for a ride. We rode along the foreshore and through the town. It was a nice and relaxing way to see the town. By the time we got back it was late and we were all tired.
    Can't wait till tomorrow.
    Read more