Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Day 16 Blackwood River to Bunbury

    April 29, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Today we were planning on getting to Fremantle but Fremantle was a bit more of a drive than we expected so we ended up in Bunbury. We did take some time stopping at a few spots along the way.
    The first stop was a lighthouse in Cape Leeuwin. The lighthouse was about 56m tall and was built in 1895. The most interesting thing was that this is the point where the Indian and Southern oceans meet. The waves from each ocean actually travel in different directions at 90 degrees to each other.
    The next stop were the 'Jewel caves' in Deepdene. Here we learnt about stalactites and stalagmites, (stalactites hold tight to the ceiling, and stalagmites might grow to meet them), and about the discovery of fossils of the Tasmanian tiger.
    Next was lunch. We had lunch at a winery called 'Xanadu' in Margaret River. The food was expensive but so good.
    Then we went to Busselton which had the best playground ever with pirate ships, a giant octopus, a whale, and a water park. It also had the longest pier in the Southern hemisphere at almost 2 kilometres long. They even have a train that runs down the pier.
    Finally we arrived at a caravan park in Bunbury Foreshore ready for our next adventure.
    Read more