Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 26

    Day 26 Shark Bay

    May 9, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    The first thing we did today was walk down to the beach to participate in a dolphin feeding activity. There was four dolphins altogether, two Mummy dolphins and two baby dolphins.
    In the first program we learnt from the Rangers about how the dolphins live and adapt to their surroundings. We also learnt that every single dolphin has a unique dorsal fin. At the end of the program volunteers came down with buckets of fish to feed the dolphins with. They selected only 8 people. Unfortunately none of us were chosen.
    After the first dolphin feeding program we went up to the gift shop to have a look inside, while we were in the gift shop we noticed that they were doing another dolphin feeding program so we went back down to participate again. When it was time to pick the 8 people, Jessica was lucky enough to get chosen and they invited Mum and I to help.
    The dolphin was so cute and amazing up close, her name was Piccolo.
    After feeding the dolphins we packed up and drove 30 minutes down the road to Denham. The first thing we did in Denham was drive down to Shark Bay to go to an aquarium. In the aquarium we learnt about lots of different marine animals including sharks, turtles, sea snakes, lionfish, squids, and stingrays. My favourite was a loggerhead turtle called Donatello.
    When we had finished in the aquarium we drove to the Peron heritage precinct. Inside was an old shearing homestead which featured a natural artesian hot spring which was 40 degrees... very hot!
    Once we had finished at the Peron heritage precinct we drove down to a beach nearby to cool off. Tomorrow we are leaving Denham to explore a place called Shell Beach.
    Read more