Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Day 58 Darwin

    June 10, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Today was our last day in Darwin and, seeing that we've been here twice we couldn't find much else to do.
    We went to a museum called the Museum of Northern Territory. It had lots of animal exhibits and an exhibit about life in the Northern Territory called 'Unruly Days, Territory Life 1911 – 1921'. There were also lots of boat displays, and a 'Between the Moon and the Stars' exhibition marking the 50th anniversary of the first lunar landing by NASA’s Apollo 11. This exhibit educated us about the moon and the effect the lunar phases have on animals. We also learnt all about cyclone Tracy.
    After the museum we drove down to the wave pool in the middle of the city. We were disappointed when we arrived seeing that the wave pool was shut. So, instead of swimming in the wave pool, we returned back to the Leanyer Recreation Park that we swam at yesterday.
    After swimming we returned back to the caravan park to relax. At around 6:00pm we drove off to the Darwin ski club to catch up with some of Mum's friends for dinner.
    Tomorrow we are leaving Darwin and starting on our way home to Melbourne.
    Read more