Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 73

    Day 73 Driving

    June 25, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    First thing we did in the morning was pack up the caravan then headed to Wilmington.
    In Wilmington we stopped by 4 shops. The first one was an Op shop, the second was a Toy Museum that had a private collection of toys that the owner had collected over the last 50 years. They were mostly very well maintained in their original boxes. The next shop was the Sansousi Puppet Museum. It had over 1000 puppets that the owners had collected or made. Jessica bought a hand-made Pinocchio puppet. The last shop was called 'Kool Cats vending machines'. There wasn't much there to do though.
    The next town we stopped in was called Peterborough. In Peterborough we checked out a few more shops and then had lunch in an old picture theatre. It was pretty cool and the meals were huge!
    While driving we had to stop at a train crossing for a super, super long train that travels all the way from Sydney to Perth. The Indian Pacific takes 76 hours to get there.
    Our final destination was on the border of South Australia and New South Wales in a town called Cockburn. The town has a population of 19 residents. It features a hotel and a caravan park. They are both voluntarily run by the locals in order to keep the town alive. They even pay for their own street lighting. We finished the day by lighting a campfire and toasting the last of our marshmallows.
    Read more