Satellite
  • Day 47

    Arrival into MIA and then to DFW

    March 24, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 72 °F

    Here is what I typed up and sent Karen, as soon as we landed at MIA.

    Karen,
    I write this as we are about 1.5 hours til landing in Miami on Monday 23march

    We had 10.5 hour flight over Africa to Madrid. Then the plane was escorted over to the area for refueling. That took about 1 hour. The flight crew left and a new crew took over. The cleaning crew came on to restock the food and disinfect the bathrooms.

    Countless airplanes were on the tarmac and no planes were taking off and landing.

    Then 9 hour flight to Miami.

    Once we go through customs, we have no idea what that looks like. I’m sure there will be additional information gathered about our travels and the places we stopped at.

    We also will be making some calculated decisions. Questions like what has happened in the world these last 24 hours? Are there any more domestic flights out? If we leave the airport Can we rent a car? Is there hotels available? will we be quarantined? If so can we drive up to Orlando? What flights are there to Dallas and to Orlando? If we fly to Dallas on Monday night, that is too late for Walmart stop?

    Plan A
    (Not knowing what’s happened since we’ve been in the air)
    Just check emails, flights, and make decisions probably if there are flights out on

    We have several places to stay
    Scott and Barbara Russell in Orlando
    8625 la Prada
    binion lake house near Tyler
    Wolf house in east Texas

    Chat later

    Mom
    Read more