Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    BY FERRY TO WELLINGTON

    March 16, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    We left Blenheim around 10.00am yesterday for the half hour drive to Picton to board the ferry which left at 2.15pm for the 3 1/2 hr journey to Wellington. There is only the middle section which is Cook Strait that is likely to get rough but was quite calm yesterday. There are three interisland ferries and they are constantly on the go with several trips a day as they take a lot of trucks and freight across.
    I am having a quiet day at the hotel today as I have picked up a cold and have a soar throat and have just about lost my voice. We had a gastro bug go through quite a few on the bus between MT Cook and Queenstown and the three nights there seems to have stopped it, we fortunately missed out on that one.
    Jan has gone to Zealandia with some of the others as that was our choice of activities this morning. This is an echo attraction with local birds and animals. She said I didn't miss a lot, they did a lot of walking and was very dark trying to see animals or birds that they were supposed to be looking for. She enjoyed the ride on the cable car.
    Photos
    Interisland ferry
    Picton
    Entering Cook Strait
    Cook strait and Sound waters meet
    Cable Car Wellington
    Wellington from Cable Car
    Read more