Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Sapa Cloudy Mountains Hostel Day 1

    August 26, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Another day, another hotel. We make the early morning trek across the town to our new home for the next two nights. For £3.50 we arrive at a nice hostel, can't complain! Eager to explore we decide to head towards Silver Waterfall, we are told it is a 7km walk away, however 3 hours of uphill side of the road trekking we are still 2 miles away! After being chased by barking, manic dogs we are starting to feel fed up. Luckily, 2 Australian men pull up beside us, in surprise that we were still walking, offer us a lift to the waterfall. The waterfall was nice, but the views on the way were much better.
    On the way home, I am feeling very grumpy and decide that a taxi would be much more sensible. We hijack a tour that is stopped at the waterfall. They take us to lots of viewpoints, including the highest point of the road which offered truly stunning views. It's going to take a while to adjust to being so English and pale - I will never forget being pushed into a rose bush for lots of selfies with a Vietnamese woman!
    6 hours later we finally arrive back at the hotel. We rest our tired legs before going out for tea. Matt finally succumbs to eating Western food again and orders a burger. I have seen some sights that I will not forget any time soon. Gorgeous, little tribe children from the surrounding villages performed dances in the market to earn money for their families - a whole world away from the children taught at Gillshill.
    Read more