Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Thanh An Hostel, Hue, Day 1

    September 21, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    A slow day today as we prepare to move on to Hue. We have a nice lie in in the cool, air-conditioned room and don't leave the room until midday when we have to checkout. It's only a few hours until our bus, so we get some dinner and play some cards to pass the time.
    The bus takes about 4 hours and drops us off right outside our hotel. The first thing we notice is how it is Mr Bean themed. Pictures of him adorn the walls inside.
    We go to the market to try and get some food but nothing catches our eye so we end up eating in a restaurant on the river that looks onto the pretty bridge, apparently designed by Eiffel.
    After that we come back to the bar underneath our room for a few drinks. A few drinks turns into a lot of drinks and we end up in the club across the road with the bar owner and an American teacher called Patrick. It's a good night, and very interesting to see a Vietnamese nightclub for the first time. By 2 o clock though, we are ready for a supper of egg and sausage sandwiches and bed, so we go back, ready to get to know Hue tomorrow.
    Read more