Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Pai

    January 7, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ 🌧 27 °C

    On the way to Pai I made a few stops, there was a bamboo bridge which was made because the area flooded a lot in the wet season, and then monks couldn't get to the temple anymore. After that I went to another waterfall haha, this one wasn't that big.

    Pai is really different from the previous two towns. It's still a bit sleepy, and pretty small, but it's a hotspot for travelers. Mainly a lot of hippies and Israeli people.

    Even though there are a lot more travelers here, all the cool things around Pai were still not busy, so I didn't really mind.

    I met up with a friend from Chiang Mai, and we went around town seeing some stuff. There was a huge white Buddha on a mountain, which gave a great view over the city. After that we stumbled upon a great bridge with a bunch of dragons on it, which let to another white Buddha. After some other stuff, the last stop was the Pai canyon.

    They had some great hippy bars in town so we decided to go to one as well.

    For food we mostly went to the main street, which had tons of little stalls where you could get some food. Including some western stalls.
    Read more