Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    It's all just Greek to me

    September 1, 2019 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    I'm sitting here in Santorini perched on a private terrace on a cliff overlooking the ocean, but more on that next time.....

    We spent the last week on Crete in two very different locations, both amazing. Chania, the main town in the Western part of the Island has a wonderful Old Town. With a beautiful harbour setting and narrow twisting alleyways and steps reminiscent of Morocco, it's a delightful place to stroll. Oh,, and the food is pretty good as well - fresh seafood and gigantic Greek salads.

    From Chania we drove up into the hills to Milia which was something completely different. Our accommodation felt like a cozy cave with our own private space out the front surrounded by high cliffs and stunning trees. Milia was once an old village which has been rescued and is now an eco resort of a kind you won't find anywhere else.

    All the buildings are made of stone and the food is organic with ingredients grown on the property. They have pigs, sheep and goats as well as two gorgeous dogs who decided to come with us on our early morning walk.

    The temperature is much cooler up there with lovely breezes whistling through chestnut trees. We had beautiful weather and were sad to leave. Now we're on Santorini so look out for my next update when we head to Folegandros in a couple of days.
    Read more