Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    First class flight

    November 2, 2017 in New Zealand ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Home for a while
    Flight was pretty interesting. Way more space than the flight to Australia, but I actually didn't sleep all that much. I rested for a while, but mostly I tried to relax and watched a ton of movies.
    There was some excitement though.
    They had just finished dinner service and were taking things away when the Captain came over the speaker and said "All Flight Attendants to their jump seats."
    Not a whole lot happened after that announcement for a bit. Then we hit some heavy turbulence. It was bad. I had about half a glass and managed to not spill any. The guy in front and to my right was not so lucky. He had about 3/4 of a glass of beer and 3/4 of a glass of water. By the time the shaking was done, he had both everywhere at his seat. All over him, all over the tray, all over the seat.
    Serving trays were all over the place too. They had to spend some time cleaning the galley area and one of the flight crew had to change their clothes from getting attacked by food and beverages.
    There was another time during the flight that the Captain came on and said for the Flight Crew to find the jump seats "in 6 minutes" but nothing came from that.
    Made for more eventful of a flight than I would have liked.
    I did get the following movies in:
    The new Pirates movie.
    Despicable Me 3
    New version of Magnificent 7
    The House
    Some episodes of Big Bang
    Some episodes of Simpsons
    Would have been way better if I could have watched the world series, but that's ok.
    Read more