Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Sunny days, icy skies at night

    September 6, 2021 in Poland ⋅ ☁️ 11 °C

    The second night in a row with 6-7°C and we're still not quite prepared for this.

    And, clever as we are, we always choose nice lakeside camps or spots on a river bank. So nice and chilly and humid nights is all we experience so far.

    But honestly, would you trade the soft murmur of the lake shore and the foggy mornings over the river for a dry and cosy night at some copy 'n paste hotel or camp ground?

    We just rearrange our equipment and prepare for the nights and slowly but surely the taste and the smell of adventure becomes our daily experience.

    So far the countryside has been a drastic change from busy live along the river banks of Odra, Warta and Co. to slow moving late summer routines of farming and forestry around the north eastern country side.

    Another challenge we underestimated is refueling along the often very remote Greenlaning tracks. We can't recall that searching for gas stations consumed that much of our attention in previous years.

    Tonight, after having a wonderful dinner at a superb little brewery restaurant we decided spend our night in an apartment on a horse ranch. And the hot shower let's you almost forget the curses of last night's chattering teeth contest down by the river.
    Read more