Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Greed devours brain

    September 19, 2021 in Latvia ⋅ 🌧 5 °C

    The weather is turning bad on us! Even colder and increasing rain. Since we feel that we have accomplished our mission by testing the Buddha for keeps or sales we decide to turn the final days into a relax & recovery holiday.

    So what better can we do than to return to that phantastic house with the Latvian Smoke Sauna? Said and done...almost. The house is booked but the landlady tells us that she has a similar wonderful place for us for even a better price.

    We trust her and when we get there late in the evening we're quite disappointed. A minimal cabin without any comfort for almost the same price as the Smoke Sauna farm house...

    As we are tired and cold we decide to stay, hoping to have a chance to talk to the lady for a somewhat better solution or rate. She keeps invisible and we decide to cut it down to one night only without any additional service.

    When we communicate our decision via WhatsApp she is deeply disappointed and tries convince us to stay.

    And the lesson is...sales is easy, service makes the difference. And greed devours brain for sure.
    Read more