Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Slippery when wet!

    February 3, 2022 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Slow start, lazy morning - it has been raining all night, more or less. And it is still raining when we wake up...no need to hurry, nothing scheduled = holidays!

    After an opulent breakfast the downpour turns into a light drizzle and we decide to drive down to the Ocean and hike along the coast line on those small garden trails going along the hedges like pearls on a string.
    After a couple of trails we decide to stop at a bar for a drink and a coffee.
    We meet our landlord and his wife, have a nice chat with them and the owner of the bar...and find out our bill has been payed when we get up to leave. Thank you folks, we'll make it up to you. Strolling back to the car we're accompanied by male black Labrador...showing us the best way between those garden hedges.

    We drive along the coastal road and try to follow a gravel track - just to out this magnificent automobile has no ground clearance at all. Just not our kind of car.
    So it's back to hiking along those slippery and wet Levadas. Anke misses a step...and that's how we met that friendly lady at the local pharmacy selling us disinfectant and giving us some great information where to go and what to see along the Northern coast.

    A final sandwich at our local bar, a discussion with the local drunkard dressing up his dog as a clown and back to our house for a fantastic, misty sunset.
    Read more