Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 12

    After the trip is before the trip

    13 Februari 2022, Jerman ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Back home and relaxing one day from the holidays, the daily hiking challenges, the good food and drink, the good people, the exciting nature and the new impressions this trip provided us with.

    Funny though that the feeling when getting home is always so biased. Glad to sleep in our own bed, glad to pick up our dog (who is pissed for a day or two because we left her behind) and glad to look forward to the new projects awaiting us at home (building the new 4x4 camper, celebrating with the grandchildren, preparing for a wonderful new season of adventures ahead of us). Sad to be confronted with all that dirt and filth of the Berlin metropole, the harsh and often rough tone of the people trying to get along somehow. We recognized during this trip that some of the people heading with us for Madeira kept their selfish attitude (me-myself-I first, no matter what) during their holidays and took it back home with them again while all the people we met living on Madeira were more considerate, sharing, friendly and open minded. And yes, we had a similar impressions the times we returend from Oman to Berlin. Is it this city or are all Mega Cities and their inhabitants more or less the same because they are all facing similar challenges?

    Well, we'll probably never know. At least we brought home the sunshine, the good weather and some very good spirit for the two of us.
    Baca selengkapnya