Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    "Botanic Hotel", Take 2

    February 12, 2022 in Portugal ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We just couldn't resist - so this morning on our way to the airport we took a detour passing through Funchal to the Botanic Garden Hotel where it all started five years ago.

    While crouded Funchal could not thrill us today we definitly liked the walk around the hotel premises and the Botanic Garden. We missed the gigantic gooseneck algave next to our former apartment but other than that the garden is just a great place to get in touch with the Madeiran Flora.

    Car return went much faster and easier than expected and now we are sitting in one of the airport cafés waiting, watching and balspheming....

    While the bording starts rather normal the ground crew seems rather stressed. As we follow the information board we discover that there seems to be a problem with another flight also going to Germany.
    The boarding area is crowding up and the ground personnel are having a hard time because there is a hole bunch of idiots trying to break the rules these times demand of international travelers. No vaccination passes, no orderly papers, faulty filled forms and being confronted with the constantly aggressive tone - what a waste of life time with pointless behavior and reckless people.

    After the boarding is finally completed the flight starts late, the pilot again asking people to comply to the rules...and they take us back to Berlin.

    Out of the plane, into the train, hurrying to catch the connecting train and suddenly, just after midnight...we're back home.
    Heating is turned on, the prognosed "severe cold" turned into warm air and it is good to be back, once more.
    Read more