Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Niagara Falls, part 2

    September 25, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    She had me at Ohhhh! When the falls first came into view, we were still riding on our bikes, and I was trailing her by 20 feet. Her gasp caught my attention. I was shocked, actually. I thought Amy had seen the falls before. I had not. Well, she had, but it has been many, many years.

    The falls are a sight, as anyone could imagine. But she was caught offguard and I was surprised.

    The falls are beautiful, but this the perfect place to use the word "Awesome".

    We had decided to view the falls from the Candian side and I am glad we did We didn't do the boat ride. We opted for the "Journey behind the Falls" instead. You get to see the falls from an observation deck adjacent to the falls, and you go behind the falls and see the falls from behind through a portal in the tunnel. All of that was interesting and fun. I'm glad we did it, but honestly, the best view of the falls was the free one. The view from the walkway as you approach the paid tours.

    You see all the falls and the river below from one vantage point. The one we rolled up on with our bikes. Again, truly awesome.

    We had lunch at a restaurant overlooking the falls, then rode alongside the Niagra River until we got to tge dogleg where the whirlpool forms in the river.

    The falls are a must do. But amidst all the falls had to offer, we still had some Canada to do and some biking to do. It doesn't sound like much, but we found our way back to the campsite by biking through local neighborhood streets.

    These were average 'working Joe' neighborhoods, and it was delightful. Amy enjoyed seeing the houses and well-kept yards.

    Today was a great day. And there is left-over (not left over for long) Pace's Pizza for dinner.
    Read more