Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 14–16

    Zurich

    12 de setembro de 2022, Suíça ⋅ ⛅ 52 °F

    We were like mice in a maze looking for cheese (check out the Google Maps screenshot). And what was the cheese? For what we searching? Nothing really. Maybe a little dress shopping (which wasn't particularly successful). We criss-crossed all around ‘Old Town'.

    Zurich was so completely different from Italy. And for us, was actually an afterthought. Zurich was the landing place after the Bernina Express and the pathway back home.

    After 2 weeks of travel, it is time to return home. We miss our loved ones, our friends and our bed.

    But Zurich was the last hoorah - well a hoorah at our speed. We shopped, we ate something other than pizza and pasta, and we enjoyed the architecture. Like Italy, cobblestone streets, but the buildings were these opulent artwork buildings. You've seen these buildings in movies and pictures of 50 years and they look just like 50 years ago and completely up to date.

    We meandered through the streets and alleyways listening to the music of street musicians, shopping and taking in the sidewalk cafes. The meandering was the gift of the day.

    One of the better parts of the day was the view at Lindenhofplatz. The park setting with mostly gravel walking area has wall that overlooks the river and the city and most importantly ‘Old Town. We sat on the wall, dangling our feet over the side, drank a fresh iced cappuccino, and took in the view, took a beat, listened to the music of a sidewalk performer. It was a nice moment.

    Zurich was beatiful, but the best part of the day had nothing to do with the location, or the fabulous weather (Amy mentioned the weather 8 or 9 times – maybe more). The best part was the serendipitous day. My lovely wife squeezing one last day, a day with no expectations, a day with no stress, a day of us hand-in-hand finding what we find, into the best trip of my life.
    Leia mais