Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Hiking in Triglav National Park

    July 24, 2018 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    The next few days were predicted to be better weather so we decided to make a two-day hike in the Triglav National park. Our plan was to hike in the famous valley of the seven lakes. But instead of going up all the way to the top of mount Triglav, which is often touristic and would require more time, we planned some small modifications.
    The hike started with a steep trail in dark and muddy forest. On our first day we hiked for approximately 5 hours uphill through changing landscapes. From the muddy forest in which we started we went out of the trees and passed a lake with a mountain hut. Later, we passed lower vegetation and finally we had a last steep climb between the rocks in the mountains. From there we had a great view on the valley and we could see our hut where we were going to spend the night. The hut is surrounded between three lakes making it a very beautiful place to stay! After a big and early dinner (5pm) we decided to head out for an evening walk to another lake located a bit higher in the mountains. On our way there we were lucky to see several alpine marmots and pair of ibexes. Two hours later we were back at the hut. With a nice apfelstrudel, a warm cup of tea and almost 7 hours of hiking in the legs we were ready to go to bed.

    The next morning we woke up early and had a good breakfast. The sun was shining and the lakes along the hut were extremely beautiful. At nine we started our descent along another route to our last lake. We went pretty fast and had lunch in already two thirds of our trip. Somewhere in the afternoon we arrived at our starting point where we had left the car. We were happy about everything we saw and the almost 3000 vertical meters we climbed the last two days.
    Read more