Satellite
  • Day 6

    Going to Brazil

    December 6, 2016 in Brazil ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    Its all about Motörhead today ( https://youtu.be/w3l73fxGo3Q ) Well, and about another "how big can it get?" thing.

    Right behind the border, in Brazil is a city called Foz de Iguazu. And there you can find the second largest water power plant in the world (China is first now, but Brazil had the title a pretty long time).

    It was shitty getting there, going through migrations, the bus not waiting for the three tourists on the bus (but at least I got the Brazil stamp on the passport. Been there, seen it. Check.) So I took a moto taxi into the city, he got me to the right bus, I missed the stop but they are flexible here ;-)

    You then get on a so called panoramic tour, taking you around on the 8km wide wall. The power plant is a project run by Paraguay and Brazil together, producing 80% of Paraguay's and 15% of Brazil's electric power. The lake behind the wall is 170 by 15 km... Of course they tell you about everything good they do, running environmental projects, having a technical university... And if course they don't tell you about the people being relocated when the wall was built.

    After that meeting for a coffee with Silvia from Couchsurfing. She has polish grandparents... You guys are everywhere!
    Read more