Satellite
  • Day 25

    Sonam Delek Hotel

    May 25, 2019 in India ⋅ 🌧 19 °C

    Today's drama continues. We pull up out the front of what look like a descent hotel only to find that they did not have our booking and no vacant rooms. So our guide suggested the hotel that they usually stay at. We went to this hotel to check out the room, as we did not like the rooms we were given in Darjeeling. The hotel right from the start was going to be a worry but we looked at the room in case the outside was misleading. Once inside it was as expected, it was more like a kids room with 2 very low single beds and looked terrible so we declined and proceeded to another hotel suggested by the guide. It is now getting late and I was getting cranky and upset so we had to take whatever was now on offer. This is another dreadful hotel but as it is the holidays and the Indian people are escaping the heat to the cooler places and apparently Darjleeing and Gangtok on on their lists. Not sure why as they are both dreadful places dirty, smelly, crowded and not much to do.

    The only plus of this Hotel is apparently from the balcony right outside our room we can view a sunrise which is a little different. We will not see the sun actually rise but it glows over the moutnains.

    This Hotel also has a powerpoint in the shower recess which is very weird. To make it worse there are heaps of very loud children and parents hanging around outside our room. One plus is the dinner menu does not look that bad so fingers crossed.

    Maybe tomorrow will be better.
    Read more