Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Packed, all set and at Ibis airport!

    April 30, 2018 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    Tomorrow morning we fly off at 8.15, and we are now already poised for flight! We drove to the Ibis - these hotels are now a home from home!! Such familiar rooms, and very comfy beds. Anyway, after checking in we drove on to Como for a farewell dinner...last day of the holidays for Jess, Liv and Ted. Played Rummikub with Liv, and with Cathy also after dinner...went with Cathy to Ted’s swimming lesson - Jess drove (!!) my first time with her, and have to say she was fine...quite busy traffic, night time and having to change lanes on the Princes Highway...so that was an experience. We left the car there, so that she can practice driving with it. Had lovely dinner, then got train back to Mascot. Almost missed Wolli Creek and walked the wrong way to get to the hotel, but all sorted now for our walk back to the station early tomorrow morning. There is also a shuttle, but they say allow a minimum of an HOUR to get to international terminal!! From Mascot!!! Makes the train look good and traffic free!

    So now having our free drink (as we are such good Ibis customers), and soon will go to the room, have a shower and know that we are all set for the morning’s departure. Next report will be from Tokyo.
    Read more