Satellite
  • Day 34

    Addition to Mansilla de las Mulas

    September 25, 2018 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    I just have to add briefly our afternoon...we went out to explore...it is so funny - this town which was bustling and so busy at 1 pm when we arrived, had now gone to sleep...shops shut, and streets empty - no sign of any markets. The only people visible were pilgrims, now cleaned up and having a look round...you can tell them by the many different languages, and the comfortable sandals, or après-walk shoes they are wearing! So we wandered a bit, went over the bridge (where we will walk out tomorrow morning) and saw the 12century walls, or what is left, and enjoyed the town. Such a total,contrast to last time.

    AND then as we were going back I spotted a pelluqueria caballeros - a men’s barbershop....it was open and Amr has had his birthday Haircut!! And a very good one. We had a discussion about it, and she (it was a youngish female barber) persuaded him not to have a 2 all over, but to have a little longer on top...etc.etc...anyway result is good, and he looks perfect for his Michelin dinner!! So that was fun..Then we finally ended up at dinner at a restaurant near the hotel (included in our deal of half board) and have just returned from a good meal...off to bed. And another plus, our bed tonight has 2 pillows each!!! Heaven!
    Read more