Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 56

    Addition to today at La Coquille

    23 September 2021, Perancis ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Had to add a small extra, as we are back in the land of fine dining and loveliness! We went for a little walk before dinner, not a lot to see, and the towns always seem deserted, except on weekends. Went up to the church and worked out where we walk out tomorrow - always makes Amr happy and relaxed…then we went back to the hotel and we’re the first diners (opened at 7 which is good for us…waiting till 8 is a bit late when you’ve been walking, though it was the norm in Spain.

    So we knew all was well when we sat at our table with cloth cloths and napkins, Paul approved glasses and the forks pointing down in the classy French manner. So Amr chose a Paul and Hartley approved wine from the Périgord region and we had a delicious dinner. As pèlerins we didn’t have the full choice (or an amuse bouche which we saw some other normal paying people have) but we had such a good meal, beautifully presented, and now back in the room trying not to go to sleep too early…Amr already has dropped his phone …..

    And after yesterday’s experience I checked the next few hotels leading up to Pèrigueux and they all sound fab…esp Saturday night where we are at the Auberge de la Truffe in Sorges, the centre of truffles in the region, and has a restaurant which sounds amazing - and we dine there…so good things ahead!
    Baca selengkapnya