Satellite
  • Day 102

    London calling

    November 8, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    Today we got the train to London…lovely to be in this favourite city. Checked into the hotel, and went off walking through the familiar streets. We had for once booked breakfast at the hotel, but found that due to covid breakfast consisted of a pick up bag at reception, to eat in the breakfast room or in your own room…we had the option of cancelling and getting a refund which we took up…much preferable to go to a patisserie nearby…otherwise all good…no mask mandates, and we had a wonderful walk along Cromwell road to Knightsbridge, along Piccadilly, up Bond street, along Oxford street and down Regent street!

    After a sojourn in UniQlo we met Isabella, Louise’s daughter, who has been here during the whole covid experience having arrived in London in January 2020…so we were the first people from Oz she has seen since then, and we had a wonderful catch up and dinner. First Isabella led us to a very cool bar, Opium, which needed to be booked, had a bouncer and which we reached by climbing many flights of stairs!!…and then we went to Nopi, an Ottolenghi restaurant that we love. Fabulous to bond with Isabella, and food as always yum. We will have another dinner together in 2 weeks before returning to Liverpool.
    Read more