Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 100

    Life in Liverpool

    November 6, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    We are chilling in Liverpool with Omnia. Went out to dinner on Wednesday night…Omnia called it Turkish, but it did quite a range of food, even unto lasagna, and was very well patronised. A good meal.

    Yesterday, Friday, Amr and I went to a movie - The French Dispatch - which was a weird movie, can’t totally recommend it, but it was fun to go to! We got a bus back from the city centre which was a new experience here (Omnia had dropped us there) …we are getting to get our bearings. Then last night we again went into the city for a fancy dinner that Omnia organised..really nice restaurant- the Carriage Works - right near the Liverpool Philharmonic hall, where we will be going to 2 concerts when back from London.

    But before the dinner we went to a nearby pub for a drink as we were early. This was quite an experience…the Philharmonic Pub…was built about 1900, and is totally over-decorated everywhere…floor, ceilings, walls. Quite OTT! Amr even took a photo of the men’s loo which was known as the fanciest in England!

    Then we had dinner which was great, and I was happy as it was small artistic dishes rather then huge platefuls! And the dessert which we shared was a fancy orange ball filled with chocolate ice cream, a MasterChef type dish, which the menu says has its own blog! Also yesterday was Guy Fawkes day, and as fireworks are allowed privately there was a continuous noise of explosions and crackers most of the evening and night, even though it was a little drizzly!

    Meanwhile we walk, and relax, and on Monday get a train to London.
    Read more