Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 114

    Travel day to Bristol

    November 20, 2021 in England ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    I didn’t write up last night as not a lot to say, except we made our farewells to Gill and Bob and got the train from Milton Keynes to London. Then made our way by tube from Euston to Paddington where the Bristol trains leave from. Filled in the wait time having a little lunch and got the train, arriving at Bristol just after 4. Found our Ibis hotel fairly close to the station and actually have a large pleasant (usual familiar!) room for our 3 days here. Had been going to stay with Michael and Kathryn (all their children have now left home) but at the last minute Kathryn was told she had to strictly self isolate before she had an operation - she is donating a kidney to her brother and with the high covid rates extended the time of isolation…so it is sad that we can’t actually see her in person…will have to FaceTime…

    Last night Michael met us at about 5.30 and we went to a pub where we met Anna who has arrived from Birmingham, and we went and had an Indian meal. So lovely to see them and have a catch up…it is always a few years worth, except Michael and Kathryn we last saw in Sydney when they stayed with us in March 2020 and got one of the last flights back to the UK before everything shut down!! Michael now has quite long bushy hair and a beard, a result of the lockdown! Suits his persona as a teacher. Seeing them all (plus Margaret, Kate and Seamus (twin of Jess)) for lunch today. And we will try and catch Matt Vale! Will be a lovely Bristol interlude.
    Read more